* The QMS14 was successful with over 160 participants. We thank all the participants including invited speakers for their contributions. We hope to see you all again in the next year.
1. Free Wi-Fi service is available at on the premises, including lecture hall, hotel and all the guest rooms.
2. Conference photos will be updated regularly on the website. Please enjoy it!
3. Group Photo will be taken at the end of Session # 6 at the lecture hall.
4. In order to make the conference eco-friendly, we have tried to reduce print hand-outs at a minimum level. Instead, we will provide all the information on the web.
5. For those who want to join the excursion on 24th, please sign on the excursion list provided at the reception desk. There will be three different excursions: a full course hiking (4-5 hrs), a half-course hiking (2 hrs), a trip to a temple (3-4 hrs). For more information, please check Program/Excursion on the web.
6. Banquet will be run with each one of you including accompanying persons signed for table. Please check your name on the Banquet table put up on the wall near the entrance door.
7. For those who are going to use pick-up services from the resort to Daejeon station, please check your pick-up time at least 3 hours in advance.
* Full Program / Oral Talks / Poster Presentation updated
* Welcome Party : 18:00~20:00, February 21 (Fri), 2014 / Hotel Tirol B1
Banquet : 18:30~21:00, February 23 (Sun), 2014 / Symphony Hall
* Excursion / Program updated
* Deadline for accommodation reservation
- January 31, 2014
* Due to overwhelming responses, the number of registered participants exceeded the capacity of the facilities we are going to use. Therefore, we are sorry to announce that we will not accept the on-site registration. We are looking forward to seeing you all at the QMS.
* Deadline for registration
- December 31, 2013
* Homepage open
Muju Deogyusan Resort, Korea
February 22 (Sat), 2014 ~ February 26 (Wed), 2014
The Quantum Materials Symposium 2014 (QMS14) is organized by the SCES (strongly correlated electron systems) community in Korea. It is sponsored by the Asia Pacific Center for Theoretical Physics (APCTP), Korea Institute for Advanced Study(KIAS), and the IBS (Institute for Basic Science), Center for Correlated Electron Systems (CCES). We bring world leaders on several fronts of strongly correlated electron physics to QMS14. In particular, QMS14 is held in conjunction with the 14th Korea-Japan-Taiwan workshop on SCES: which over the past 13 years has been an important regular meeting point for researchers working on SCES in the East Asian region.
In keeping with the tradition of hosting the winter workshops at one of the ski resorts, the meeting takes place at Muju resort (http://www.mdysresort.com/).
During the five days workshop we cover such topics as quantum magnetism, exotic metals, new materials, artificial generation of emergent phenomena, and superconductivity.
For information on the previous QMS meeting, please click here.
- Quantum Magnetism
- Exotic Metals
- New Materials
- Artificial generation of emergent phenomena
Peter Armitage (Johns Hopkins Univ., USA)
Aaron Bostwick (LBNL, USA)
Chun-Fu Chang (MPI-CPFS, Germany)
Kookrin Char (SNU, Korea)
Sasha Chernyshev (UC Irvine, USA)
Ya-Ping Chiu (NSYSU, Taiwan)
Woo Seok Choi (SKKU, Korea)
Ying Hao Chu (NCTU, Taiwan)
Hiroshi Eisaki (AIST, Japan)
Atshshi Fujimori (Univ. of Tokyo, Japan)
Jason Gardner (NSRRC, Taiwan)
Jon Goff (RHL, UK)
Myung Joon Han (KAIST, Korea)
Ke He (IOP, China)
Clifford Hicks (MPI-CPFS, Germany)
Di-Jing Huang (NSRRC, Taiwan)
Hosub Jin (SNU, Korea)
Takuro Katsufuji (Waseda Univ., Japan)
Changyoung Kim (Yonsei Univ., Korea)
KeeHoon Kim (SNU, Korea)
Ki-Seok Kim (POSTECH, Korea)
Tsuyoshi Kimura (Osaka Univ., Japan)
Mahn Duc Le (SNU, Korea)
Young Lee (MIT, USA)
Ping-Hui Lin (Academia Sinica, Taiwan)
Maxim Mostovoy (Groningen Univ., Netherlands)
Minoru Nohara (Okayama Univ., Japan)
Cheol Hwan Park (SNU, Korea)
Jaehoon Park (POSTECH, Korea)
Christian Ruegg (Univ. of Geneva & PSI, Switzerland)
Shik Shin (Univ. of Tokyo, Japan)
Yong-il Shin (SNU, Korea)
Shigemasa Suga (Osaka Univ., Japan)
Hide Takagi (Univ. of Tokyo, Japan)
Alan Tennant (HBZ, Germany)
Jaejun Yu (SNU, Korea)
Timothy Ziman (ILL, France)
Yunkyu Bang (Chonnam University, Chair)
Jung Hoon Han (Sungkyunkwan University)
Changyoung Kim (Yonsei University)
Kee-Hoon Kim (Seoul National University)
Jae-Hoon Park (Pohang University of Science and Technology)
Je-Geun Park (Seoul National University, Secretary)
Kwon Park (Korea Institute of Advanced Studies)
Tuson Park (Sungkyunkwan University)
Jaejun Yu (Seoul National University)
Prof. Je-Geun Park (Seoul National Univ.): firstname.lastname@example.org
APCTP, KIAS and IBS CCES