The covariant density functional theory (CDFT) has attracted wide attentions for its successful description of many nuclear phenomena. Using the relativistic continuum Hartree-Bogoliubov theory with the density functional PC-PK1, the first mass table including the continuum for spherical nuclei has been constructed, which largely extends the nuclear landscapes compared with other methods. After the mass table including continuum with spherical symmetry, from 2018 we started to construct an upgraded version of the mass table including deformation and continuum by using the up-to-date DRHBc theory, i.e., the deformed relativistic Hartree-Bogoliubov theory in continuum. The mass table for even-even nuclei in DRHBc theory has been published recently.
We have organized a series of workshops to discuss the progresses on the mass table by the DRHBc theory and to forge an active scientific collaboration in this field. The first workshop of this series was held on Dec. 4-8, 2018 in Daejeon and Seoul, South Korea, hosted by Institute for Basic Science (IBS) and Soongsil University, with about 30 participants. The 2nd workshop on nuclear mass table with DRHBc theory was held in Peking University (Beijing, China) on Aug. 22-23, 2019 with about 50 participants. In this 2nd workshop, many participants from new institutes joined the project and established research networks for the future collaborations. The 3rd workshop in hybrid format was held on Aug. 26-28, 2020 with about 40 participants in Busan hosted by APCTP and Pusan National University to discuss the progresses of each group and future plans. The 4th hybrid workshop was held on Dec. 16-18, 2021 in Hoseo University, Asan, Korea and China. This focus research program is essential to move forward for odd-A nuclei. In this program we will have in-depth discussions on the blocking effects and dripline physics for odd-A nuclei. We will also have mini-workshop to discuss current status of nuclear structures from various perspectives.
Topics of the focus program include
- Blocking effects and dripline physics for odd-A nuclei
- DRHBc mass table: progress and perspective
- Progress reports from Korean institutes (IBS, Soongsil U., Pusan National U)
- Progress reports from Chinese institutes (Peking U., Huzhou U., Hong Kong U., Beihang U., ITP/CAS, etc)
- Application of DRHBc with DJBUU and to other nuclear reactions
1st week: Focus Sessions
- Aug. 22 (Mon) - 26 (Fri)
- 2-3 talks/day (1-1.5 hour/talk)
- off-line basis (some talks will be on-line)
2nd week: Workshops
- Aug. 29 (Mon): Local meeting for off-line participants
- Aug. 30 (Tue): DRHBc International Collaboration Meeting (on-line & off-line)
- Aug. 31 (Wed): Local meeting for off-line participants